One Year Ago (That Time My Tummy Hurt)

One Year Ago (That Time My Tummy Hurt)

On this day one year ago I went to work.  It was a normal day, but towards the end of my shift something felt weird.  I couldn’t put my finger on it, I wasn’t having pain, but something was off.  So I went home, but first I stopped to get some ice cream.  When I got home at about 10:30 in the evening I sat down to eat my ice cream I began having pains in my lower abdomen,  I immediately texted my boyfriend who rushed home from the gym.  What does this mean? Should we go to the hospital?

Did I forget to mention that I was nine months pregnant?

My contractions started at about 15 minutes apart, so of course we were in no rush.  We had all the normal questions, “Is it false labor?” “is it even worth going to the hospital?”  We weren’t sure what to do so we decided to try and sleep and reevaluate in the morning.  I was trying not to get my hopes up because I had felt like she was never coming out.  Well, the contractions were too painful and I couldn’t sleep, but still being 10 minutes apart I decided to just get up and go into B’s room so that I could watch some TV and not disrupt Mr. F.

I came back into our bedroom about a half hour later and told Mr. F that I couldn’t sleep.  His response was, “Babe I love you but we are probably going to the hospital in the morning so I really need to try and get some sleep.”  I’m not going to lie I was slightly irritated by that comment but I knew it was the sleep deprivation talking so I shut the door and went back to attempting to restlessly watch Grey’s Anatomy and count the hours until morning.

I was anxious, and terrified, and excited, but  still trying not to get my hopes too far up.  I became more restless than I can really explain.  I started cleaning the house and got in the shower so that I could shave before I went to the hospital (something I had been really worried about).  I called the doctor and she told me to come on in.  So at about 6:30 in the morning I woke Kenny up and watched him frantically double check that we had everything in the diaper bag (which of course we didn’t), and then it was off to the hospital.

Giving birth to Paisley was a three day event (in total 26 hours of labor).  So I will be sharing the story a little each day, until Thursday which will be the first birthday of my most precious gift.

I am emotional already, oh brother.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s